Sunday 24 July 2011

Grain-Mustard Pork Chops



I am not a big fan of pork chops. In fact, both my mom and my husband were surprised to hear that pork chops were on the menu at my house. I don't know if it was a bad experience with a dry, shake and bake pork chop or what, but I have steered clear of them for years. Don't get me wrong, I will eat pork. Every now and then we have ham, pork bacon (although now it is usually turkey bacon), and pork loin, but I can probably count it on two hands how often we eat pork throughout the year.

I believe these pork chops may have changed all that. I came across this recipe in a book that I was reading and thought it sounded easy and fairly tasty. I was still a little nervous when I pulled the pork chops out of their package to marinade, just the thought of it being pork chop made me rethink my dinner plans. I held steady though, finished mixing the rub, and got the pork chops marinading in the fridge for the day.

The grilled pork chops looked beautiful. The leftover rub smelled delicious. We were so hungry that we dished up and dug in. Even me. I was about halfway through my pork chop when I realized that I had not taken a picture. Thank goodness there was a piece left from the kids' pork chop. The slices in the photo were the only part left of mine.

This was definitely a tasty dish! I enjoyed the flavor and moistness of the pork chop, and it was definitely enhanced by dipping it in the leftover rub. Enjoy!


Grain-Mustard Pork Chops

1/2 cup grain Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons herb garden seasoning
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
1 pound thick cut boneless pork loin chops

In a small bowl, combine the mustard, herb garden seasoning, garlic, honey, and chopped parsley. Reserve 1/4 cup of the rub for serving.

Transfer mustard mixture to a resealable plastic bag. Add the pork chops and thoroughly coat with the mustard mixture.Let the pork chops sit for at least 5 minutes or as long as overnight, in the refrigerator, before grilling.

Heat grill to medium heat. Grill the chops for 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving platter and serve sprinkled with the reserved rub.

Makes 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment